What is the Google Ads API?
The Google Ads API is the replacement of our AdWords API and brings significant advances in innovation and developer productivity. It can be accessed via gRPC with our client libraries and JSON REST for debugging. We are working on getting the last few features released so that all the features in the AdWords API also exist in the Google Ads API. In addition, new features are being added to the Google Ads API that will not be available in the AdWords API.
- Google Ads Query Language makes querying more flexible.
- Querying returns objects that can immediately be updated in the API.
- Coding becomes easier as interacting with lists is more intuitive.
- Querying and managing budgets is available to everyone for accounts using consolidated billing.
- You can query, apply, and dismiss Recommendations.
- Most resources can be mutated synchronously through a single service.
- Querying change status in the API is more detailed.
How do I get started?
For existing AdWords API developers:
- Use your existing developer token from the AdWords API.
- Important: The Terms and Conditions have changed. You’ll need to accept the updated Terms and Conditions and update your contact information in API center. If you don’t, you will get an error when trying to access v1.
- Sign into the API Center of the manager account where you have your developer token at ads.google.com/aw/apicenter.
- Scroll down to API contact email, and update it.
- Scroll down to Principal place of business, accept the new conditions, and click Save.
For new API developers, sign up for a developer token.
Everyone should go through our Quickstart guide to enable Google Ads API and retrieve the newest client libraries.
What resources are available?
Check out these helpful resources:
- Google Ads API Workshops
- Google Ads API Release Notes
- Google Ads API Guides
- Google Ads API Migration Guides
- Google Ads API Client Libraries
- Google Ads API Reference
Powered by WPeMatico